Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Years Resolutions

Naturally there is a lot of talk out there about New Years Resolutions.  The article I've seen the most of the past few days talks about why most people fail to accomplish their New Years Resolution.  The reason most people fail, according to the "experts", is that they do not make a plan for how they intend to achieve their goal. 

So here is my New Years Resolutions, along with my plan to achieve it:

1 - Run 2 Half Marathons - I intend to run the Cap City Half Marathon the first weekend in May and the Columbus Half Marathon in October.  I will begin training for the Cap City Half Marathon on January 29 using a 14 week training program developed by John Bingham and found in his book "Marathoning For Mortals"  This book is what inspired me to run two full marathons back in 2009.  It has information about preparing for marathons and half-marathons and comes with a total of 8 training programs (4 to train for a half-marathon and 4 to train for a marathon).    The training programs are for a walking program, for those who intend to walk the full distance of their race.  A Walk-Run program, a Run-Walk program and a Run program.   I will be using the Run-Walk program, meaning that on race day I intend to run 5 min, then walk 1 min until I complete the 13.1 mile course.  This was the program I used for both marathons that I completed in 2009.  I will begin training for the Columbus Half-Marathon on July 8.   I actually expect my training for the May 1/2 Marathon to be a little easier, as the weather will be cooler than training for an October 1/2 Marathon, where most of the training will take place during the "dog days of summer". 

Really?  Only one resolution?  Yep!  That's it.  I figure that's a pretty decent resolution and should help to accomplish all those other things like..lose weight, get in shape, exercise more...etc etc etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment