Friday, January 13, 2012

The Money is Paid

Well, I registered today for the Cap City Half Marathon in May.  I tried to register for the Columbus Half Marathon in October, but registration for that event does not open until January 21.  I plan to register that day because as anyone who runs in these events know, the closer you get to race day, the more it costs to register for the event.  I ended up paying $75.00 to register for the May race, which was a tad bit more than I wanted to spend on a race registration, but I committed to doing this race and I'm gonna do it.  Paying the extra just means that I'll have to give up a 5K sometime between now and then, or find one with a less expensive registration cost. 

One of my co-workers claims that she's going to run the Columbus Half Marathon with me and some other Dublin employees in October.  I had to shame her in to committing to the run, but I will still believe it when I see it.  When she's there at the starting line on race day, THEN I'll believe that she's actually going to run the 1/2 Marathon. 

Getting ready for the spring race may start out a little cold.  Especially if we get weather like we've had the last couple of days.  But I ran in weather like this, or sometimes worse, when I prepared for my first full marathon, so COLD is no excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment