Wednesday, March 27, 2013

First Quarter

With the first quarter of 2013 winding down I'm pretty happy with my progress towards my goals for the year.  I've read six books so far, which puts me half way to my goal.  The latest book, Good Cop Bad Cop is a true story about a quadruple homicide that took place in Ithaca, NY in the late 80's.  Even more than that, the book outlines how one officer with the New York state police fabricated evidence in the case.  While the case was resolved and the man responsible was identified, another individual who may or may not have been involved in the murders had evidence planted against her by the officer.  This situation called in to question the enitre New York State Police Dept.  I read the book in less than a day.  It was one I couldn't put down.

By the end of March I will have logged nearly 254 miles of running for the year, which keeps me on track for my goal of running 1000 miles in 2013.  Saturday I will run the Run the Bluegrass Half Marathon in Lexington, KY.  I have set any goals at all for this race.  My training runs would give me no indication that I'll better my time from last month, and since I expect this course to have more hills I actually expect to run slower.  This course is also more rural than any of the half marathons I've run so far, but the view is expected to be great as I run past the many horse farms around the Lexington area. 

There are also a couple of restaurants that I want to make it to in Lexington.  I enjoy watching Diners, Drive Ins and Dives on the Food Network, and they have shown a couple of places in Lexington that I'm looking forward to checking out while I'm there.

Also, here's hoping you all have a Happy and Joyful Easter.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment