Sunday, February 3, 2013

Thanks

Just a quick note of thanks to friends who came out to dinner with me last night to help celebrate my birthday.  I enjoyed spending some time catching up with an old friend I haven't seen in a few years and enjoying the company of others who I see more often.

We went to Hunan House, one of my favorite Chinese restaurants, by my house.  I was joined by my brother Mike and his girlfriend Lorie; Paul, Lauren and Nancy from work, as well as Paul's wife Debbie; Greg, an old friend from high school (with the emphasis on old), and my dearest friend Carey.

My brother tried to get the staff to sing Happy Birthday to me in an effort to embarrass me.  What he didn't realize was that, besides being my favorite Chinese restaurant, I picked this place because I knew that they did not do that.   However, they were nice enough to bring me a slab of some of the best chocolate desert I've ever tasted.
Although she was a little shy about being around a lot of people she didn't know, Carey was not shy about letting me know that she was going to have a taste of the cake.  I'm glad she did too, because as good as it was it helped me to justify (in my own mind at least) eating all the rest.  It really was very good!
 
 
Thanks again to those who came out and joined me, and to those who couldn't make it, you missed a good time with some good food and good company.
 




1 comment: