Monday, November 12, 2012

Running and Stuff

Well, I should have followed my neighbors' lead yesterday.  Three of my neighbors took advantage of the nice weekend and put up their Christmas lights.  I thought it might be a good idea to do that myself, and thought I'd wait until today.  Of course I woke up this morning to rain and falling temperatures.

I was scheduled to run 50 minutes today, so I headed out to Worthington to the end of the Olentangy Trail to run.  It spit rain most of the run, until the last mile when the rain started coming down much heavier.  I got back to my car completely soaked and headed home.

When I got home I jumped in the shower to clean up and warm up, then ate some lunch.  I grabbed my phone to log the food on myfitnesspal, but the touch screen on my phone was not responding.  Fortunately, I pay for the insurance on the phone.  So, a quick trip to the Sprint store and the phone was fixed pretty quickly.

Now I get to continue to focus on my running.  I've already started making plans for next years runs.  I will be running the Hot Chocolate 5K in downtown Columbus this Sunday and am hoping to do a Thanksgiving Day run somewhere in the Columbus area next week. 

I've got the Las Vegas Half Marathon coming up in December and the Myrtle Beach Half Marathon scheduled in February.  In March I'll be headed down to Lexington, KY to run the Lexington Half Marathon and then will head to Philadelphia in September for the Philadelphia Half Marathon (Both part of the Rock and Roll Series of Marathons).  In between those two I'll be running the Cap City Half Marathon in May here in Columbus.  In September I plan to head back to New York for the Tunnel to Towers Run and plan to run the Columbus Half Marathon again in October. 

I started 2012 with the goal of running two half marathons, and am now preparing for my fourth.  I've got plans to run at least five half marathons next year, and with next months run in Las Vegas and next year's run in Lexington will check off two more states in my quest to run a race in all of the 48 continental United States. 

If I can find a 5K run or something to do in West Virginia next year I will have covered Ohio and all its bordering states, as well as New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida and Nevada.  Maybe I'll try to focus on the New England states in 2014.

Of course, if Mayan prediction comes true, none of this means a thing after December 21st.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment