Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Most of the Decorating Done

Being off work since Thanksgiving has given me an opportunity to get the Christmas decorations up in the house.  My living room is pretty much decked out in Christmas with several Nativity Sets around the room, the nutcracker guarding the fireplace and the Christmas Tree up and decorated.  The only thing left to do is putting up the outside Christmas lights.  Hopefully I'll get those done tomorrow, otherwise they'll have to wait until I return from Las Vegas.

Tomorrow, in addition to trying to get the outside lights up, I'll be getting stuff around and packed to head to Vegas for the weekend.  The Las Vegas Half Marathon is this Sunday.  I'm looking forward to running up and down the Las Vegas strip on Sunday evening.  Their are bands that are scheduled to be playing each mile along the course, and running past all the lights of the strips should make for a fun event.

For now I'm watching one show and recording several others.  While I type this I'm watching A Charlie Brown Christmas on TV.  Recording the lighting of the tree at Rockefeller Center and Survivor.  Later the Saturday Night Live Christmas special will also be recorded. 

The last couple of days I've done some baking, making a batch of Rocks on Monday, and a batch of Pecan/Chocolate Chip Rocks yesterday.  They've been put in cookie tins on the table and distributed sometime after I get back from Las Vegas.

All of the running I've been doing as helped to keep me somewhat in check as far as eating all the Christmas treats goes.  I've been training throughout this season for the Las Vegas Half Marathon, once I run that, then I'll jump in to training for the Myrtle Beach Half Marathon, which I'll run in February.  After that I jump right in to training for the Lexington Half Marathon in March.  During that time I've also got to arrange a party for my sister and her husband, as they will be celebrating their 25th Anniversary in March.

After running the Lexington Half Marathon in March I'll jump in to training for the Cap City Half Marathon in May.  After that I'll have a little bit of a break from training, but not too long, as I will start training in June for the Philadelphia Half Marathon in September and the Columbus Half Marathon in October.  During that short time between Cap City and training for Philly I'll try to keep busy running a couple 5K events. 

The remainder of this year and 2013 all are shaping up to be busy in my running world and my work world.  But, all that being said, my favorite scene from a Charlie Brown Christmas just came on to remind me not only of what Christmas is about, but what the focus should be all year around...

No comments:

Post a Comment