Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Santa Claus IS Coming to Town

My earliest childhood memory of Christmas involves watching the Rankin & Bass classic Santa Claus is Coming to Town.  At 45 years old, I still watch this show whenever it's on at Christmas time.  Before working at my current job I worked for the Meijer department stores in Columbus, and spent a few Christmas Seasons playing Santa in the stores where I worked.  I would use this show to help me answer questions that the children would ask.  After all, the storyline of the show was that the narrator/mailman played by Fred Astaire was answering questions that children had about Santa Claus.  Why do you wear a red suit?  Why do you slide down the chimney?  Why are you also called Kris Kringle?  Why do you put presents in stockings?  Why do you have a beard?  How do you get your reindeer to fly?  Why do you laugh the way you do?  Why do you deliver your toys on Christmas Eve?  All of those questions, and more, were answered in an hour.  So, when at a party this past weekend, someone asked the trivia question, "What is Mrs. Claus' first name?"  I knew the answer...Jessica, of course. 
Here's my challenge to you.  Answer the above questions without going to the internet.  Just comment on this post to answer the questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment