Sunday, April 14, 2013

Gonna Set Goals Again

On May 4th I'm scheduled to run my third half-marathon of 2013.  This half is right here in Central Ohio, and I'm hoping to spend a little time enjoying the post race celebration at the Columbus Commons in downtown Columbus.  Last year I ran Cap City recording my slowest half marathon time ever with a 3:08:06. 

This year I'm hoping to improve my time by over an hour.  I would like to run a faster time than I did a couple of weeks ago in Lexington.  I ran that half marathon in 2:08:10, and given the number of hills I had to deal with in Lexington, I think I can beat that time in Columbus.  My "ultimate" goal for CapCity is to run a personal best time.  That would mean running faster than the 2:04:26 that I ran in Myrtle Beach back in February.  The difference here is that Myrtle Beach was a very flat course compared to Cap City.

I don't think running a sub-2 hour half-marathon is in the cards for me just yet.  Not sure that it will ever be in the cards for me.  But if you'd have asked me if I could run a 2:08:10 in Lexington with all those hills I would have told you that there's no way, so I'm still keeping my sights set (at least a little bit) on breaking that two-hour mark. 

In other news, the Oxygen network TV show Snapped is airing an episode tonight about an incident that happened in Dublin, OH.  It was a shooting that occurred back in December of 2010.  I was dispatching that day and worked that incident, so I'm looking forward to seeing how the TV show tells the story.  It will also be interesting to hear the parts of the story I didn't know from the perspective of friends and family of the victim, as well as the victim himself.

And today's thought of the day...when someone has proven themself to be a liar, cheater and thief (and coward), don't be shocked when they lie, cheat and steal.

No comments:

Post a Comment