Friday, October 19, 2012

Columbus Half Marathon and Completing My New Years Resolution

In January I resolved to run the CapCity Half Marathon in May and the Columbus Half Marathon in October.  I accomplished part one of that goal, and on Sunday I will finish out my commitment.

Anyone wishing to track my time or track me on the course can receive a text message on their phone when I start (sometime after 7:30am on Sunday), when I cross the 10K (6.2 mile) mark, and when I finish.  To find out how go to http://www.columbusmarathon.com/faq   It will explain where to go to register for RTRT.com    Or...if I set it up correctly, you can get those same split times by following me on twitter @cburky911

A couple other friends/co-workers will also be running that day.  One of our records clerks here at the police department (Linda Richey) and our HR rep (Kristin Maier) will also be running.  I'm going to try and set up to receive their times too, so I can keep track of where they are on the course.

This run will be a fun atmosphere.  The last time I ran Columbus I ran the full marathon.  The first half had a lot of spectators out on the course and plenty of cheering and entertainment along the course, so I'm looking forward to the atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment