Monday, September 12, 2011

Back From Vacation

Well, I returned early this morning from a short vacation in Myrtle Beach.  Kristine and I headed down for a few days.  Have to say the weather was much better this time around, and we were able to spend several hours on the beach Saturday.  The hotel was also a lot better than the place we stayed last year.  Also, if you like going to shows and enjoy Myrtle Beach, then I really have to recommend the Alabama Theater at Barefoot Landing.  They're house show "One - The Show" is excellent.  We went to see it last year and made it a point to go back again this year.  Also had an opportunity to see the Oak Ridge Boys in concert.  They put on an excellent show.  Even better than I remember back in 1981 when I saw them at the Ohio State Fair. 

The worst part of the trip was, of course, the part where we had to leave.  We left in the late afternoon Sunday, so it was almost 3am by the time we got back to Reynoldsburg this morning.  While I have to go back to work tomorrow, Kristine has the week off.  She and mom will be going to a cooking show tomorrow in Lancaster.  That's something that Kristine enjoyed doing for a long time, but hasn't been able to attend one in quite a while.  She opened up the paper this afternoon and saw that there was a show tomorrow in Lancaster, so she gave mom a call and they made plans to attend.  Kristine will enjoy going to the cooking show again, and getting to spend some time with mom, and hopefully mom will enjoy the show as well, and getting to spend some one on one time with Kristine.  Me, on the other hand, I'll be in a class tomorrow, trying to learn something that will make me better at my job. 

For now, I'm going to try to catch a little nap and get ready for heading back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment