Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Loved the Drive-Ins

As a kid, I used to love going to the Drive-In Theater.  I think back now on all the movies we saw at the Drive-Ins as kids.  Some became classics, others, most might not even remember.  But I remember that we would usually go to the 40 East Drive-In out on East Main St. in Reynoldsburg.  That area is now the home of the State Fire Academy, but back then it was a chance to go out and see a couple of movies at a reasonable price.

We would take lawn chairs and sit out next to the car.  Back then you had the speaker that hung on the window, and while those still exist, the few drive-ins that still remain, also broadcast the sound over your radio.

But I remember some of the movies we saw at the Drive-Ins when I was a kid.  Any of these familiar?
























There were more movies that we saw, and they weren't all at the 40 East Drive-In, but it was fun to go.

And who can forget?

No comments:

Post a Comment