Thursday, April 19, 2012

Visit From Beyond

When it comes to ghosts and visits from "beyond the grave", I keep an openly skeptical mind.  I've heard people, who claim to be able to talk to people who have passed on, say that when someone comes to you in a dream it is not just a dream, but that person's way of really communicating with you.  Last night I had such a dream and feeling was so realistic.

I was driving through Cumberland (where my grandparents used to live) and drove up the alley behind my grandparents' old house.  The "current residents" were in the backyard and I got out of my car to talk to them.  Suddenly I noticed that my grandfather was standing outside the back door of the house.  He looked great...dressed pretty casually and looked the way I remembered him looking at the youngest I ever actually knew him.  He had a huge smile on his face.  In the dream I can remember realizing that the other people there knew my grandfather was there, but didn't seem surprised that someone who passed away over 10 years ago was standing there.  But they did seem very intent on making sure I knew that they had a Smart TV...

My grandfather walked over and started talking to me, first asking me how I was doing.  But my grandfather had a way of asking it..."How do?"  With the emphasis on "do" and that's the way he said it in the dream.  That's part of what made the feeling for me so real.  That was something I hadn't heard my grandfather say in so long, even long before he passed.  The emotions I felt were so strong that it actually woke me up. 

I laid in bed thinking about the dream for a while and the feeling of contentment was still there.  Then, all of a sudden I involuntarily took a deep breath, like my air had been taken from me for a split second.  After that the feeling was gone.  I wasn't sad or depressed by any means, but that content feelling I had wasn't there anymore either.  I fell back asleep and thus ended that visit. 

Believe what you want, but for this instance I'll choose to believe that grandpa stopped by last night to say hi.

No comments:

Post a Comment