Monday, March 26, 2012

50th Anniversary

Well, the 50th Anniversary celebration for my parents went off without much of a hitch. It was the first time in several years that we'd gotten all four kids together with mom and dad at the same time, and five of the nine grandchildren were able to make it.

There were some faces there that I hadn't seen in several years and my parents were happy to see them too.

My parents were two of a very small graduating class in 1961, so a lot of the remaining members of their class were there, as well as all of my dad's brothers and sisters.

There was a little bit too much of most things (cake, punch, coffee), which is really what I was shooting for when I planned it. I would much rather have too much than not enough.

Got a lot of help from everyone getting the church ready for the celebration. My brother's girlfriend and her daughter did a great job of helping set up the decorations and the "presentation table" with all the pictures and photo albums.

My nieces and nephews were a great help setting up beforehand and cleaning up afterwards, as well as a very good friend who was there as a guest and stuck around to help clean up.

Most of all I have to thank the Women's Guild of the Grace United Church of Christ. They were a terrific help with getting us in to set up and helping to serve cake, coffee and punch to the guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment