Sunday, August 24, 2014

#18 Done - #19 Upcoming

Well, I took some much needed time away from work last week and headed east for a short runcation.  I went to Morris Plains, NJ and ran the Share the Care 5K to benefit Habitat for Humanity of Morris County NJ.

Morristown, NJ was a location where Gen. Washington and his Army wintered one year during the Revolutionary War, so I went to the Wright Mansion where Washington stayed and explored some of that area.

I also took a day to take the train in to New York City.  This was my fourth trip to NYC.  I saw a few of the sites that I've seen on previous trips, but also took the opportunity to see some things and go some places where I hadn't on my previous trips.

I went to the Empire State Building.  I will say that there is a lot of waiting involved in making it up to the 86th floor observation deck of the Empire State Building.  It was also a little bit expensive.  It's one of those..."I can now say I've done it." moments, but for the money the view from Top of the Rock is just as good and costs less.  But, now I can say that I've visited the Empire State Building.  I also walked around Central Park, which I hadn't done in any of my previous visits.  It was an enjoyable visit to the city, and I was glad I went.  However, I will say that, not being one for crowds, the streets of NYC seem to be more and more crowded each time I go.  While I don't think I'd skip an opportunity to go back if I'm in the area again, I don't know that I'd go out of my way to plan a trip there in the future.

I'm back at work for a week, plus twelve hours of overtime and a doctors appointment this week, before heading to Virginia Beach for a few days and the Rock 'n' Roll Virginia Beach Half Marathon.  That will be my 19th state to run a race and my second race for my IRun4 Sibling Hero Brett.



No comments:

Post a Comment